Sunday, May 27, 2007

May 26, TPHC Western Performance Show

The first Western Performance show of the season was a great learning experience for Chelsea Buns and I. As well, the hard work we've put in during the last month shined through.


This year traveling to the TPHC shows has increased in the miles. I now travel with Crystal from Crystal Clear Stables. The 3 hour ride up went well and safe.


The show started off great in Showmanship, taking 2nd place, with Crystal in 1st! I was extremely pleased with this placing. With Crystals skills and the time she spent with me as well as time practicing, it paid off come show time.


We placed in 3rd in halter. Even at 18, Chelsea still has an awesome build and holds herself well. This season she is starting off in great shape as well.


Our riding classes, we placed in the same as we normally do, last or 2nd last. However, we prevailed in many areas that we set as our goals and I was quite proud of my mare as she can be quite silly at times.


What was important to us was that we kept a nice slow jog, transitioned more smoothly between gaits and actually stopped within a few steps from canter to walk. I also wanted to keep a better seat. All prevailed!


Our long-term goal is to slow down that canter, hopefully that will come. We still have many miles to go yet.


Crystal placed well with her new prospect, Portia. This young paint mare was also so well behaved for her first show, you'd have thought she was a seasoned show horse. Her Daddy, Aladdin, whom you will see showcased on her new website (available soon), threw his handsome genes into this pretty mare as well as his personality.


Crystal was very pleased with her mare.
Zoey who also boards a horse at Crystal Clear stables joined us at the show. She placed 1st using Portia in the Youth Showmanship..great job Zoey! She also hung out with us and helped us out, thanks again for that!

Another highlight of the show, is seeing my old horse friends again as well. Since I've moved away from the area, I don't see everyone often, so the horse shows allow me to interact with old friends again.


See ya all at the next show..


Ride with the wind @ www.equinenorth.net

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I like your whole site.It's awesome.I was wondering if you could give me tips on training my horse with a new person on it's back to ride?please?

EquineNorth said...

Hey, thanks for the compliment. However, I'm not able to give you that sort of advice as I not a trainer and each rider and horse is a different case. Perhaps seek out a local stable and see if they have a coach/trainer that could assist you.

Good luck and ride with the wind!