Monday, March 02, 2009


KEEPING WARM

Winter just keeps dragging and for most Equine lovers, this isn't a good thing! Although I do ride all year long, including trail rides, many of you don't because you hate to be cold. I can't stand to be cold either! However, the whole secret to staying warm is the bottom of your sole and I mean your feet, to be exact, your toes.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but if my toes stay warm, the rest of me does! So I usually invest in a ton of toe warmers (photo at the left). A well worth investment for any outdoor winter sport!

These live savers can be purchased at Canadian Tire as well as many other stores that sell outdoor gear aren't aren't pricy either. I put on a think pair of socks, apply the toe warmer, then put another pair of thicker socks on over top and VOILA - 6 hours of toasty warm toes!

You can buy other warmers, hand warmers, full feet warmers, and bigger ones to use on your thighs etc, but I find the toe warmers enough, the rest of me is bundled up with winter clothing and away I go.

So give em a try, and let me know what you think!!

Ride with the wind @ www.equinenorth.net

1 comment:

Deborah Sharp said...

Hi, Anna ... was poking around and found your nice blog ... Guess you could come south and ride the Florida Cracker Trail, where you'd be warm! My second, funny mystery novel, MAMA RIDES SHOTGUN (Midnight Ink books, July 2009), is set on this annual Fla. trail ride. Wondering if you know of a well regarded trailriding website or other blogger who might be interested in me writing a guest post as an author with a riding mystery?
My website, FYI: www.deborahsharp.com
Best,
D