Monday, April 30, 2007

Saddle Up, Show Season is Soon to Be..

What does the end of May mean to most; camping, may 2-4 weekend, fishing. YEP, but that's to the non-horsie world. To the other half, the horse community, it's show season!
Anyone who is aware that the end of May holds the first show of the season (for us TPHC members), we have already been working our horses and our tired, out of shape, winter riding selves. Preparing our tack, our show gear, horse trailers etc. It's an exciting time of the year.

Myself, I am rather excited about this upcoming season since things are slightly different. I have had my horse Chelsea Buns in some training, along with myself with Crystal from Crystal Clear Stables. It's only been a short while, but I see a HUGE improvement already.

Anyone who knows my mare, knows how cowgirl she is, and how half cock-eyed she moves. Even the trainer said it was like getting on a bat out of hell and was sure she would be sky-rocketed out of the saddle! So, needless to say, Crystal has a challenge and a half, but she will prevail ;)

Well, we aren't professional show material, but we are a team, Chelsea and I. I'm not sure about Chelsea, but I know I sure look forward to trying out everything we've learned so far.

Now if I can just get her on the trailer without a fuss and then even better, not creating some heavy bond with the horse she trailers with that she calls for the horse the entire show, we'll be well on the way.

Don't forget to send your events for this season to www.equinenorth.net . All events are posted free. You can email annae@puc.net to post your events.

Ride with the wind

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow what a great informative blog. I really like the topics covered. If you would like to visit my blogs as well please visit www.horsegalore.com We recently added a new translation feature to our site which is totally cool for those who are not affluent in English. I love horse blogs as I am learning new things every day from them.