Monday, May 22, 2006

Victoria Weekend..Holiday?

Well, for most in the north, Victoria weekend holiday was not much of a holiday, other then we didn't' need to go into work..the WEATHER SUCKED! For the most part the winds were strong, it rained, anddddddddddddd , it snowed! Yes folks, we get snow in May in these parts. We also get snow in June and July some years! Why do we live here, simple, it's God's country, where else should one live? ;)

Not only were many camping trips cancelled, the 2nd TPHC trail ride was cancelled as well :( Just way too wet to ride. As for the cold, well most riders are quite die hard. Well, I know I am. I rode all winter. There was maybe a two week gap where it was impossible to ride, but that's it.

Winter riding has the most beautiful scenery too.

This coming weekend, 27th and 28th is the first TPHC horse show and I can't wait! Although I'm far from a professional when it comes to riding, I just enter the local horse shows for the fun of it, any ribbons are just a bonus.

I will be sure to keep you all posted on the upcoming horse show and post the results and some photos. Let's just keep our fingers crossed for some good weather!

Ride with the wind at www.equinenorth.net

No comments: