Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Winston Churchill almost had it right!..

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a woman

Ya I know, it's suppose to be for the outside of man, at least that's what
Winston Churchill says. I have to say it does equal for woman because I tell you, no matter what kind of terrible day passes by me, it's all wiped away the minute I run my hand over my horse and smell the good ole "horse smell" (only horse lovers can understand that ;O)

It really is a therapy in itself. It's no wonder many institutions use horses in their rehabilitation programs from hard-core criminals
to the developmentally challenged.

A book I read recently called "it's the horse", was all about a guy who used horses for therapy with people who were depressed, insecure etc. He would put them out there with a horse and say "
now pick up the horses feet and clean it". Most people had no clue how to do so or for that matter, ever been around horses. During this brief moment, this gentleman could pin-point what was troubling your life just by the way you handled the horse and the way it reacted to the person.

It's no wonder he could, animals don't lie and they can sense your moods. The whole truth and nothing by the truth from the horses mouth I always say. It was a very educational book, I'd like to read more about what this guy is doing today.

Back to the topic of the outside of horse, really, if you've never been up close and personal with a horse, you should be..your missing out on one of Gods most popular therapies and it's free. ;)

Anna
ride with the wind at www.equinenorth.net

No comments: